Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Salah scores in Roma win over Milan in Serie A finale
The Giallorossi entered the match aiming for a victory and hoping rivals Napoli would drop points in the second place race. Despite Roma’s victory, the Partenopei sealed the spot, which secures automatic qualification to the Champions League group stages, after a comfortable 4-0 victory against Frosinone at the San Paolo Stadium.
In the early minutes of the game, Roma enjoyed possession and nearly scored via Nainggolan, but his shot in the eighth minute went just inches of the post.
Eighteen minutes into the match, Mohamed Salah scored the first goal of the game after Kevin Strootman sent a wonderful through ball into the path of the Egyptian winger, who made no mistake to score his 14th goal of the season.
The Giallorossi continued to control the game as Florenzi had the chance to add the second goal, but Donnarumma saved the day just before half-time.
Roma dominated the match after the break, as Milan continued their poor display. Ten minutes into the second half, Florenzi cut from the right wing and produced a shot but Donnarumma saved again.
A minute before the one-hour mark, Stephan El Shaarawy made it 2-0, as he chested Pjanic’s magical ball and stroked it home.
Totti, who was introduced in the 61st minute, nearly made instant impact, but his indirect free-kick was nicely saved by Milan’s MOTM Donnarumma.
In minute 81, Totti’s back-heel pass found Salah in the box whose shot was saved by Donnarumma, but substitute Emerson Palmieri scored from the rebound to record his first for the club and make the result 3-0.
In the dying minutes of the game, Carlos Bacca scored a consolation goal for the hosts from a rebound after his close range header was saved.
Roma finished the campaign on 80 points to settle for the third place, which qualifies to next season’s Champions League play-offs.