An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Trezeguet comes in late as Club Brugge win Belgian title
Trezeguet’s Anderlecht came into their match against Club Brugge with a chance to draw level on points.
It was the hosts who showed more hunger though. They needed a win to clinch the Belgian Pro League. Brugge kicked off the encounter by forcing a save off, Anderlecht’s keeper, Proto. They continued to pile pressure on the visitors as the game went on.
The deadlock was finally broken in the 24th minute through Abdoulay Diaby. The Malian striker finished a set up from Meunier.
It was soon 2-0 with Diaby finding the net once again. He scored his side’s second in the 29th minute.
The second half was similar to the first. Club Brugge dominated and Silvio Proto had to, repeatedly, keep Anderlecht in the match.
On the hour mark, the match was temporarily halted as fans threw objects onto the pitch. The match resumed with a third goal for Brugge. Vanaken getting his name on the score sheet.
The home team made it 4-0 in the 70th minute. Captain, Simons converted a spotkick to end the match as a contest.
Anderlecht coach, Hassi, sent on Mahmoud Trezeguet five minutes later. There was little the Anderlecht signing could do other than help prevent further humiliation.
The result confirmed Club Brugge’s status as the 2015/2016 Belgian Pro League champions. They are six points ahead of Anderlecht, in the playoff round, with only two games to go.