Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Elmohamady: We need to repeat first leg performance
Hull have defeated Derby County 3-0 in the first leg of the play-off semi-final at the Pride Park Stadium to leap a step closer towards the final. The second game will take place at the KC Stadium on Tuesday.
The comfortable win gave the Tigers hope to make an immediate return to the Premier League after being relegated last season. Elmohamady however believes that in order to secure a spot in the final, the Tigers will need to play at the same level shown at the Pride Park Stadium at the weekend.
“We had a great performance at the weekend and we’ve been looking forward to Tuesday night ever since,” Elmohamady told Hull City’s official website.
“We now need the same performance to take us through to the final. Our big players performed on the big stage and hopefully we’ll get the same on Tuesday night,” he added.
The Egyptian right wing-back also expressed his happiness with his club’s supporters who attended the away game against Derby County.
“Our fans were a different class on Saturday. I’m sure it will be the same on Tuesday night, even louder in fact, because they always get behind us,” Elmohamady said.
“It’s a game that we’re all looking forward to, but we know that there is work still to be done,” he concluded.
Sheffield Wednesday had defeated Brighton 2-0 in the first leg of the other semi-final. The winners of both semi-finals will face each other in the play-off final at Wembley on May 28.