South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Squash: Marwan El Shorbagy wins Houston Open
World number 7 Marwan El Shorbagy clinched the Houston Open title, after beating fellow Egyptian Mohamed Abouelghar 3-1 in the final.
El Shorbagy made his way to the final after defeating rising talent Mazen Hesham in tough a semi-final encounter, while Abouelghar eliminated second seed Ryan Cuskelly to reach the final.
The match was quite close between the Egyptians at the start, but El Shorbagy won the first game 11-7.
Abouelghar managed to equalize with a fine display in the second game, a 11-9 victory.
El Shorbagy managed to wrap up the game with two successive victories 11-9 and 11-3 to secure the title, as his fine form continued.
“I’m happy to win my sixth PSA title here in Houston; words cannot describe how I’m feeling right now. It’s been an amazing season so far for me. Thanks to everyone for the support, it means so much to me,” El Shorbagy told the PSA World Tour official website.