The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Squash: Marwan El Shorbagy wins Houston Open
World number 7 Marwan El Shorbagy clinched the Houston Open title, after beating fellow Egyptian Mohamed Abouelghar 3-1 in the final.
El Shorbagy made his way to the final after defeating rising talent Mazen Hesham in tough a semi-final encounter, while Abouelghar eliminated second seed Ryan Cuskelly to reach the final.
The match was quite close between the Egyptians at the start, but El Shorbagy won the first game 11-7.
Abouelghar managed to equalize with a fine display in the second game, a 11-9 victory.
El Shorbagy managed to wrap up the game with two successive victories 11-9 and 11-3 to secure the title, as his fine form continued.
“I’m happy to win my sixth PSA title here in Houston; words cannot describe how I’m feeling right now. It’s been an amazing season so far for me. Thanks to everyone for the support, it means so much to me,” El Shorbagy told the PSA World Tour official website.