Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Squash: Marwan El Shorbagy wins Houston Open
World number 7 Marwan El Shorbagy clinched the Houston Open title, after beating fellow Egyptian Mohamed Abouelghar 3-1 in the final.
El Shorbagy made his way to the final after defeating rising talent Mazen Hesham in tough a semi-final encounter, while Abouelghar eliminated second seed Ryan Cuskelly to reach the final.
The match was quite close between the Egyptians at the start, but El Shorbagy won the first game 11-7.
Abouelghar managed to equalize with a fine display in the second game, a 11-9 victory.
El Shorbagy managed to wrap up the game with two successive victories 11-9 and 11-3 to secure the title, as his fine form continued.
“I’m happy to win my sixth PSA title here in Houston; words cannot describe how I’m feeling right now. It’s been an amazing season so far for me. Thanks to everyone for the support, it means so much to me,” El Shorbagy told the PSA World Tour official website.