ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
VIDEO: Al Ahly ease past Entag El-Harby
Al Ahly maintained their comfortable lead atop the league standings, as they recorded a straightforward victory against Entag El-Harby.
Al Ahly secured the points with a solid performance, as they emerged 2-0 winners against opponents Entag.
With both sides looking to take away points, the visitors made it difficult for Al Ahly to open the scoring early on.
The first half ended on level terms, as Entag showed why they had the tightest defence in the league this season – alongside Al Ahly and Zamalek – going into tonight’s match.
The second half began similarly, but the deadlock would only hold for 13 minutes, as Walid Soliman gave his side the lead after an unfortunate attempt at a goal-line clearance only served to confuse goalkeeper Amir Abdel-Hamid, as the ball rolled in.
John Antwi sealed his side’s victory in the 80th minute, with a powerful header past a helpless Abdel-Hamid.
With this win, the Red Devils have restored their eight-point lead over Zamalek, and now prepare to play Mohamed Salah’s AS Roma on the 20th of May, in a friendly encounter.