Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
VIDEO: Al Ahly ease past Entag El-Harby
Al Ahly maintained their comfortable lead atop the league standings, as they recorded a straightforward victory against Entag El-Harby.
Al Ahly secured the points with a solid performance, as they emerged 2-0 winners against opponents Entag.
With both sides looking to take away points, the visitors made it difficult for Al Ahly to open the scoring early on.
The first half ended on level terms, as Entag showed why they had the tightest defence in the league this season – alongside Al Ahly and Zamalek – going into tonight’s match.
The second half began similarly, but the deadlock would only hold for 13 minutes, as Walid Soliman gave his side the lead after an unfortunate attempt at a goal-line clearance only served to confuse goalkeeper Amir Abdel-Hamid, as the ball rolled in.
John Antwi sealed his side’s victory in the 80th minute, with a powerful header past a helpless Abdel-Hamid.
With this win, the Red Devils have restored their eight-point lead over Zamalek, and now prepare to play Mohamed Salah’s AS Roma on the 20th of May, in a friendly encounter.