Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
Hull City squeeze through to Championship play-off final
Hull City progressed to the 2016 Championship play-off final against Sheffield Wednesday, after losing 0-2 at home to Derby County.
McGregor was the only absentee for Hull City, as Jakupovic started between the sticks. For the visitors, George Thorne was the only sidelined player.
Hull were in a buoyant mood coming into the fixture, after trouncing their opponents 0-3 away from home a few days earlier.
The hosts were given a rude awakening, however, as Johnny Russell put Sheffield into the lead with just seven minutes played.
An own goal by Andrew Robertson thirty minutes later further piled the pressure on Steve Bruce’s men, as the possibility of a historic comeback suddenly very likely.
Nevertheless, the Tigers held on to win the tie by an aggregate score of 3-2.
Sheffield Wednesday, who saw off Brighton Hove Albion 3-1 on aggregate, will face off against Hull City in the final for promotion to the English Premier League. The match will be played at Wembley Stadium, on the 28th of May.