AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Hull City squeeze through to Championship play-off final
Hull City progressed to the 2016 Championship play-off final against Sheffield Wednesday, after losing 0-2 at home to Derby County.
McGregor was the only absentee for Hull City, as Jakupovic started between the sticks. For the visitors, George Thorne was the only sidelined player.
Hull were in a buoyant mood coming into the fixture, after trouncing their opponents 0-3 away from home a few days earlier.
The hosts were given a rude awakening, however, as Johnny Russell put Sheffield into the lead with just seven minutes played.
An own goal by Andrew Robertson thirty minutes later further piled the pressure on Steve Bruce’s men, as the possibility of a historic comeback suddenly very likely.
Nevertheless, the Tigers held on to win the tie by an aggregate score of 3-2.
Sheffield Wednesday, who saw off Brighton Hove Albion 3-1 on aggregate, will face off against Hull City in the final for promotion to the English Premier League. The match will be played at Wembley Stadium, on the 28th of May.