Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour defended coach Momen Soliman following the White Castle’s...
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
Hull City squeeze through to Championship play-off final
Hull City progressed to the 2016 Championship play-off final against Sheffield Wednesday, after losing 0-2 at home to Derby County.
McGregor was the only absentee for Hull City, as Jakupovic started between the sticks. For the visitors, George Thorne was the only sidelined player.
Hull were in a buoyant mood coming into the fixture, after trouncing their opponents 0-3 away from home a few days earlier.
The hosts were given a rude awakening, however, as Johnny Russell put Sheffield into the lead with just seven minutes played.
An own goal by Andrew Robertson thirty minutes later further piled the pressure on Steve Bruce’s men, as the possibility of a historic comeback suddenly very likely.
Nevertheless, the Tigers held on to win the tie by an aggregate score of 3-2.
Sheffield Wednesday, who saw off Brighton Hove Albion 3-1 on aggregate, will face off against Hull City in the final for promotion to the English Premier League. The match will be played at Wembley Stadium, on the 28th of May.