Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Hull City squeeze through to Championship play-off final
Hull City progressed to the 2016 Championship play-off final against Sheffield Wednesday, after losing 0-2 at home to Derby County.
McGregor was the only absentee for Hull City, as Jakupovic started between the sticks. For the visitors, George Thorne was the only sidelined player.
Hull were in a buoyant mood coming into the fixture, after trouncing their opponents 0-3 away from home a few days earlier.
The hosts were given a rude awakening, however, as Johnny Russell put Sheffield into the lead with just seven minutes played.
An own goal by Andrew Robertson thirty minutes later further piled the pressure on Steve Bruce’s men, as the possibility of a historic comeback suddenly very likely.
Nevertheless, the Tigers held on to win the tie by an aggregate score of 3-2.
Sheffield Wednesday, who saw off Brighton Hove Albion 3-1 on aggregate, will face off against Hull City in the final for promotion to the English Premier League. The match will be played at Wembley Stadium, on the 28th of May.