Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
Hull City squeeze through to Championship play-off final
Hull City progressed to the 2016 Championship play-off final against Sheffield Wednesday, after losing 0-2 at home to Derby County.
McGregor was the only absentee for Hull City, as Jakupovic started between the sticks. For the visitors, George Thorne was the only sidelined player.
Hull were in a buoyant mood coming into the fixture, after trouncing their opponents 0-3 away from home a few days earlier.
The hosts were given a rude awakening, however, as Johnny Russell put Sheffield into the lead with just seven minutes played.
An own goal by Andrew Robertson thirty minutes later further piled the pressure on Steve Bruce’s men, as the possibility of a historic comeback suddenly very likely.
Nevertheless, the Tigers held on to win the tie by an aggregate score of 3-2.
Sheffield Wednesday, who saw off Brighton Hove Albion 3-1 on aggregate, will face off against Hull City in the final for promotion to the English Premier League. The match will be played at Wembley Stadium, on the 28th of May.