Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
EXCLUSIVE: Saleh Gomaa to leave Al Ahly
Since joining Al Ahly last year from ENPPI after the end of his loan with Portuguese side Nacional, Gomaa has been suffering from lack of playing time as he made only 14 appearances and scored two goals for the title challengers.
Al Ahly have been performing exceptionally well this season with only three losses. They currently top the league table on 62 points, five ahead of rivals Zamalek, and still have one game in hand.
The Red Devils’ manager Martin Jol has shown his lack of interest in the young midfielder, as the player has been constantly excluded from the squad since the Dutch manager took over at the Cairo giants late in February.
ENPPI, currently in 12th place with 33 points, look favorites to sign the 22-year-old.
Gomaa put pen-to-paper with the Red Devils in July, after intense competition between Al Ahly, Zamalek and CD National to sign the player.