AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
EXCLUSIVE: Saleh Gomaa to leave Al Ahly
Since joining Al Ahly last year from ENPPI after the end of his loan with Portuguese side Nacional, Gomaa has been suffering from lack of playing time as he made only 14 appearances and scored two goals for the title challengers.
Al Ahly have been performing exceptionally well this season with only three losses. They currently top the league table on 62 points, five ahead of rivals Zamalek, and still have one game in hand.
The Red Devils’ manager Martin Jol has shown his lack of interest in the young midfielder, as the player has been constantly excluded from the squad since the Dutch manager took over at the Cairo giants late in February.
ENPPI, currently in 12th place with 33 points, look favorites to sign the 22-year-old.
Gomaa put pen-to-paper with the Red Devils in July, after intense competition between Al Ahly, Zamalek and CD National to sign the player.