Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Nour El Sherbini appointed Alexandria sports advisor
Alexandria governor Mohamed Abdel-Zaher presented Nour El Sherbini with the Egyptian Olympic Committee shield as well as the memorial shield in an event in Alexandria’s Sporting club. Zaher also announced the appointment of Sherbini as Alexandria’s sports adviser in an effort to use Sherbini’s insights on promoting sports.
This announcement came after Sherbini had won the World Squash Championship and became World number 1 in April. Zaher said that her win brought some joy back to Egypt after a period of depression due to difficult circumstances.
“We will never forget what she offered to Egypt. She is a source of pride for Egypt and every Egyptian family.” he said.
At only 20-years of age, Sherbini became the youngest ever world squash champion and is set to play in the Professional Squash Association (PSA) World Series Finals in Dubai on the 24th of May.