Zamalek earned a comfortable 3-0 win over Dakhelya in Mohamed Helmy’s first...
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veroia hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
Nour El Sherbini appointed Alexandria sports advisor
Alexandria governor Mohamed Abdel-Zaher presented Nour El Sherbini with the Egyptian Olympic Committee shield as well as the memorial shield in an event in Alexandria’s Sporting club. Zaher also announced the appointment of Sherbini as Alexandria’s sports adviser in an effort to use Sherbini’s insights on promoting sports.
This announcement came after Sherbini had won the World Squash Championship and became World number 1 in April. Zaher said that her win brought some joy back to Egypt after a period of depression due to difficult circumstances.
“We will never forget what she offered to Egypt. She is a source of pride for Egypt and every Egyptian family.” he said.
At only 20-years of age, Sherbini became the youngest ever world squash champion and is set to play in the Professional Squash Association (PSA) World Series Finals in Dubai on the 24th of May.