Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Nour El Sherbini appointed Alexandria sports advisor
Alexandria governor Mohamed Abdel-Zaher presented Nour El Sherbini with the Egyptian Olympic Committee shield as well as the memorial shield in an event in Alexandria’s Sporting club. Zaher also announced the appointment of Sherbini as Alexandria’s sports adviser in an effort to use Sherbini’s insights on promoting sports.
This announcement came after Sherbini had won the World Squash Championship and became World number 1 in April. Zaher said that her win brought some joy back to Egypt after a period of depression due to difficult circumstances.
“We will never forget what she offered to Egypt. She is a source of pride for Egypt and every Egyptian family.” he said.
At only 20-years of age, Sherbini became the youngest ever world squash champion and is set to play in the Professional Squash Association (PSA) World Series Finals in Dubai on the 24th of May.