Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Fiorentina demand €30 million compensation for Salah – report
The 23-year-old joined Fiorentina from Chelsea on a loan deal with an option to buy in January 2015. Despite Fiorentina having a deal in place to sign him, Salah opted against making his loan permanent and joined Serie A rivals Roma instead.
Salah’s move to Roma left Fiorentina furious, as they believe the English team have gone back on an agreement the two clubs had. The Florence-based club asserted that the Egyptian winger had no right to reject their transfer offer, while the player’s agent confirmed that Salah’s contract allowed him to do so.
According to a report by Italian newspaper La Nazione, the compensation was calculated based on the amount of matches the Egyptian should have played for the club, and the transfer fee that they spent on his replacement Nikola Kalinic.
The Egypt international had enjoyed a successful stint at Fiorentina, before joining Roma, where he scored 14 league goals.