Pharaohs U-20 coach Metemed Gamal has acknowledged that every Egyptian team has...
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
Fiorentina demand €30 million compensation for Salah – report
The 23-year-old joined Fiorentina from Chelsea on a loan deal with an option to buy in January 2015. Despite Fiorentina having a deal in place to sign him, Salah opted against making his loan permanent and joined Serie A rivals Roma instead.
Salah’s move to Roma left Fiorentina furious, as they believe the English team have gone back on an agreement the two clubs had. The Florence-based club asserted that the Egyptian winger had no right to reject their transfer offer, while the player’s agent confirmed that Salah’s contract allowed him to do so.
According to a report by Italian newspaper La Nazione, the compensation was calculated based on the amount of matches the Egyptian should have played for the club, and the transfer fee that they spent on his replacement Nikola Kalinic.
The Egypt international had enjoyed a successful stint at Fiorentina, before joining Roma, where he scored 14 league goals.