Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Fiorentina demand €30 million compensation for Salah – report
The 23-year-old joined Fiorentina from Chelsea on a loan deal with an option to buy in January 2015. Despite Fiorentina having a deal in place to sign him, Salah opted against making his loan permanent and joined Serie A rivals Roma instead.
Salah’s move to Roma left Fiorentina furious, as they believe the English team have gone back on an agreement the two clubs had. The Florence-based club asserted that the Egyptian winger had no right to reject their transfer offer, while the player’s agent confirmed that Salah’s contract allowed him to do so.
According to a report by Italian newspaper La Nazione, the compensation was calculated based on the amount of matches the Egyptian should have played for the club, and the transfer fee that they spent on his replacement Nikola Kalinic.
The Egypt international had enjoyed a successful stint at Fiorentina, before joining Roma, where he scored 14 league goals.