KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Fiorentina demand €30 million compensation for Salah – report
The 23-year-old joined Fiorentina from Chelsea on a loan deal with an option to buy in January 2015. Despite Fiorentina having a deal in place to sign him, Salah opted against making his loan permanent and joined Serie A rivals Roma instead.
Salah’s move to Roma left Fiorentina furious, as they believe the English team have gone back on an agreement the two clubs had. The Florence-based club asserted that the Egyptian winger had no right to reject their transfer offer, while the player’s agent confirmed that Salah’s contract allowed him to do so.
According to a report by Italian newspaper La Nazione, the compensation was calculated based on the amount of matches the Egyptian should have played for the club, and the transfer fee that they spent on his replacement Nikola Kalinic.
The Egypt international had enjoyed a successful stint at Fiorentina, before joining Roma, where he scored 14 league goals.