Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Al-Ahli Tripoli eliminate Misr El-Maqassa from CAF Confederation Cup
Misr El-Maqassa exited the 2016 CAF Confederation Cup on away goals, following a 1-1 draw with Al-Ahli Tripoli in Fayum.
Having drawn the first match 0-0 away from home, Maqassa were favorites to progress, coming into the second leg.
The hosts took the lead after an excellent Nana Poku strike halfway through the first interval as they inched closer to group stage qualification.
Nevertheless, the Libyans rallied after the interval and leveled the scores with a late penalty to break the Egyptians’ hearts.
Al-Ahli have qualified for the quarter-finals of the tournament, which are played in a group stage format.
The draw for the Champions League and Confederation Cup group stages will be held in Cairo, Egypt on the 24th of May.