Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Al-Ahli Tripoli eliminate Misr El-Maqassa from CAF Confederation Cup
Misr El-Maqassa exited the 2016 CAF Confederation Cup on away goals, following a 1-1 draw with Al-Ahli Tripoli in Fayum.
Having drawn the first match 0-0 away from home, Maqassa were favorites to progress, coming into the second leg.
The hosts took the lead after an excellent Nana Poku strike halfway through the first interval as they inched closer to group stage qualification.
Nevertheless, the Libyans rallied after the interval and leveled the scores with a late penalty to break the Egyptians’ hearts.
Al-Ahli have qualified for the quarter-finals of the tournament, which are played in a group stage format.
The draw for the Champions League and Confederation Cup group stages will be held in Cairo, Egypt on the 24th of May.