Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Al-Ahli Tripoli eliminate Misr El-Maqassa from CAF Confederation Cup
Misr El-Maqassa exited the 2016 CAF Confederation Cup on away goals, following a 1-1 draw with Al-Ahli Tripoli in Fayum.
Having drawn the first match 0-0 away from home, Maqassa were favorites to progress, coming into the second leg.
The hosts took the lead after an excellent Nana Poku strike halfway through the first interval as they inched closer to group stage qualification.
Nevertheless, the Libyans rallied after the interval and leveled the scores with a late penalty to break the Egyptians’ hearts.
Al-Ahli have qualified for the quarter-finals of the tournament, which are played in a group stage format.
The draw for the Champions League and Confederation Cup group stages will be held in Cairo, Egypt on the 24th of May.