Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Elneny contends for Arsenal’s Goal of the Season award
Since his arrival this past January, Elneny has managed to establish himself in Arsene Wenger’s squad after several strong performances that earned him two successive Arsenal Player of the Month awards in March and April.
Elneny’s powerful shot from the edge of the area at the Camp Nou also awarded him Arsenal’s Goal of the Month award in March.
Moreover, Elneny’s bright season could now end on a high as his strike against Barcelona was shortlisted by Arsenal for the club’s Goal of the Season award. Elneny’s only goal for Arsenal will compete with nine other goals for the award.
The list of the other contenders include Alexis Sanchez’s powerful shot against Manchester United, Aaron Ramsey’s improvised flick in the North London Derby, Olivier Giroud’s overhead goal against Crystal Palace and Mathieu Flamini’s volley against Spurs.
The ten goals are being voted for by the fans on the club’s official website. At time of publishing, Elneny’s strike lead the vote with 40% of the votes. Ramsey’s goal is the closest competitor at 13%.
Elneny helped Arsenal finish second in the Premier League table behind surprise champions Leicester City, their best position in 11 years.