Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
Elneny contends for Arsenal’s Goal of the Season award
Since his arrival this past January, Elneny has managed to establish himself in Arsene Wenger’s squad after several strong performances that earned him two successive Arsenal Player of the Month awards in March and April.
Elneny’s powerful shot from the edge of the area at the Camp Nou also awarded him Arsenal’s Goal of the Month award in March.
Moreover, Elneny’s bright season could now end on a high as his strike against Barcelona was shortlisted by Arsenal for the club’s Goal of the Season award. Elneny’s only goal for Arsenal will compete with nine other goals for the award.
The list of the other contenders include Alexis Sanchez’s powerful shot against Manchester United, Aaron Ramsey’s improvised flick in the North London Derby, Olivier Giroud’s overhead goal against Crystal Palace and Mathieu Flamini’s volley against Spurs.
The ten goals are being voted for by the fans on the club’s official website. At time of publishing, Elneny’s strike lead the vote with 40% of the votes. Ramsey’s goal is the closest competitor at 13%.
Elneny helped Arsenal finish second in the Premier League table behind surprise champions Leicester City, their best position in 11 years.