Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
Elneny contends for Arsenal’s Goal of the Season award
Since his arrival this past January, Elneny has managed to establish himself in Arsene Wenger’s squad after several strong performances that earned him two successive Arsenal Player of the Month awards in March and April.
Elneny’s powerful shot from the edge of the area at the Camp Nou also awarded him Arsenal’s Goal of the Month award in March.
Moreover, Elneny’s bright season could now end on a high as his strike against Barcelona was shortlisted by Arsenal for the club’s Goal of the Season award. Elneny’s only goal for Arsenal will compete with nine other goals for the award.
The list of the other contenders include Alexis Sanchez’s powerful shot against Manchester United, Aaron Ramsey’s improvised flick in the North London Derby, Olivier Giroud’s overhead goal against Crystal Palace and Mathieu Flamini’s volley against Spurs.
The ten goals are being voted for by the fans on the club’s official website. At time of publishing, Elneny’s strike lead the vote with 40% of the votes. Ramsey’s goal is the closest competitor at 13%.
Elneny helped Arsenal finish second in the Premier League table behind surprise champions Leicester City, their best position in 11 years.