After more than three years of absence, the Arab Champions League is...
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
Elneny contends for Arsenal’s Goal of the Season award
Since his arrival this past January, Elneny has managed to establish himself in Arsene Wenger’s squad after several strong performances that earned him two successive Arsenal Player of the Month awards in March and April.
Elneny’s powerful shot from the edge of the area at the Camp Nou also awarded him Arsenal’s Goal of the Month award in March.
Moreover, Elneny’s bright season could now end on a high as his strike against Barcelona was shortlisted by Arsenal for the club’s Goal of the Season award. Elneny’s only goal for Arsenal will compete with nine other goals for the award.
The list of the other contenders include Alexis Sanchez’s powerful shot against Manchester United, Aaron Ramsey’s improvised flick in the North London Derby, Olivier Giroud’s overhead goal against Crystal Palace and Mathieu Flamini’s volley against Spurs.
The ten goals are being voted for by the fans on the club’s official website. At time of publishing, Elneny’s strike lead the vote with 40% of the votes. Ramsey’s goal is the closest competitor at 13%.
Elneny helped Arsenal finish second in the Premier League table behind surprise champions Leicester City, their best position in 11 years.