Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
EXCLUSIVE | Agent: No Stoke City bid for Ramadan Sobhy
Following circulating reports of the English club showing interest in the 19-year-old, Sobhy’s agent Nader Shawky disclosed to KingFut that these reports are flawed.
“Clubs have shown interest in Ramadan Sobhy, but we don’t have a single official offer at this moment. The summer transfer windows in Europe will start opening around June 15th and that’s when the clubs might start making offers,” he explained.
Talks are underway with Spanish, Italian, and English top-flight clubs, but no official offers have been made.
“Stoke City has not made a bid for the player or his club [Al Ahly]. And scouts have been traveling to Egypt recently to watch Sobhy, but none have made an official inquiry or bid for his services,” Shawky said.
Sobhy has been attracting interest from Arsenal and AS Roma for the past 18 months, but his recent impressive displays with the Egypt national team against Nigeria in the AFCON 2017 qualifiers and with Al Ahly have linked him with other top European sides like Chelsea and AC Milan.
The winger’s form has rewarded him important roles under Martin Jol with Al Ahly and Hector Cuper with the national team, scoring the winner against Nigeria to take the Pharaohs to the 2017 AFCON.