ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Futsal: 2016 World Cup draw announced
The 2016 Futsal World Cup will be the 8th edition of the tournament and will be held in Colombia, from 10 September to 1 October 2016.
Egypt were drawn in group B that joins Russia, Cuba and Thailand. The top two of each group and the four best third-placed teams will qualify to the round of 16.
Egypt were drawn from Pot 2 alongside former World Cup winners Portugal, Ukraine, Iran, Paraguay and Costa Rica.
The Pharaohs will face Cuba in their opening match, before facing Russia three days later then meets Thailand in the final group stages game on Friday, September 16.
It’s worth noting that the Egyptian men’s futsal team have qualified for the 2016 World Cup after beating Zambia 5-4 in the semi-final of the Africa Futsal Cup of Nations, before losing to Morocco in the final.