Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Allam: I resigned to save Egyptian Football
After announcing his resignation, Egyptian Football Federation Chairman, Gamal Allam, talked about the reasons behind his decision.
Allam, who resigned from his position after FIFA’s warning to Egypt that it could be suspended from the international football, stated, “I took this decision to save the Egyptian football, especially after FIFA warned to suspend football activity,”.
He added, “I prefer to resign as I fear Egypt could face Kuwait’s fate, which was suspended by FIFA due to government interference.”.
FIFA prohibits any governmental intervention in football matters; as a result, Kuwait was suspended due to an alleged interference from the government.
Allam explained, “When I was attending the last FIFA congress in Mexico, I watched the Kuwaiti officials fall in their efforts to lift the suspension and bring football back to life again.”
The Egyptian Federation board was previously dissolved after a court verdict that dates back to a lawsuit filed in 2013, by Beny Ebeid club president, Hermas Radwan, who challenged the integrity of the 2012’s chairman elections.