Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, thinks that he still has a tough match...
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
Egypt FA chairman Gamal Allam resigns
The EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed confirmed the departure of Allam, revealing that executive director Tharwat Sweilam will temporarily take over until the new elections.
Reports state that Allam resigned to avoid any sanctions that could be imposed by the FIFA against Egypt over governmental intervention.
FIFA issued last month an official warning to the FA over government intervention in football affairs. The warning came in the light of Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court ruling to dissolve the FA’s board over election irregularities.
FIFA rules prohibit any government intervention, as articles 13 and 17 of the FIFA statutes oblige member associations to manage their affairs independently and with no influence from third parties.
The chairman’s resignation comes one day before the date set by the court for the EFA’s legal challenge over the board dissolution ruling.