Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Egypt FA chairman Gamal Allam resigns
The EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed confirmed the departure of Allam, revealing that executive director Tharwat Sweilam will temporarily take over until the new elections.
Reports state that Allam resigned to avoid any sanctions that could be imposed by the FIFA against Egypt over governmental intervention.
FIFA issued last month an official warning to the FA over government intervention in football affairs. The warning came in the light of Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court ruling to dissolve the FA’s board over election irregularities.
FIFA rules prohibit any government intervention, as articles 13 and 17 of the FIFA statutes oblige member associations to manage their affairs independently and with no influence from third parties.
The chairman’s resignation comes one day before the date set by the court for the EFA’s legal challenge over the board dissolution ruling.