Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Egypt FA chairman Gamal Allam resigns
The EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed confirmed the departure of Allam, revealing that executive director Tharwat Sweilam will temporarily take over until the new elections.
Reports state that Allam resigned to avoid any sanctions that could be imposed by the FIFA against Egypt over governmental intervention.
FIFA issued last month an official warning to the FA over government intervention in football affairs. The warning came in the light of Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court ruling to dissolve the FA’s board over election irregularities.
FIFA rules prohibit any government intervention, as articles 13 and 17 of the FIFA statutes oblige member associations to manage their affairs independently and with no influence from third parties.
The chairman’s resignation comes one day before the date set by the court for the EFA’s legal challenge over the board dissolution ruling.