AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Ex-Zamalek player appointed assistant coach to Lierse S.K
Ex-Zamalek player Mohamed Abdel-Wahed revealed that he will be the new assistant coach to Lierse S.K.
Abdel-Wahed retired last season after a long journey, playing for Zamalek, Tersana, Mokawlon, Ismaily, Ghazl El-Mahala and Wadi Degla in Egypt. Moreover, Abdel-Wahed played abroad for Lierse S.K, from 2008-2011, before returning to Egypt, then he came back again in the 2012-2013 season.
Abdel-Wahed stated that that he will be traveling to Belgium in the upcoming days to sign the contract with Maged Samy, the Egyptian businessman and chairman of both Lierse S.K and Wadi Degla. The Egyptian will be joining the Belgian coach, Eric Van Meir, who previously coached Abdel-Wahed in the 2010-2011 season.
Lierse is currently competing in the Belgian second division and finished in the 7th place last season.
It’s worth mentioning that the Egyptian coach, Hany Ramzy, has been previously appointed as the Head coach of Lierse in the 2012-2013 season.
The 35-year-old has won the Egyptian Premier league twice in 2003 and 2004, and the African Champions League in 2002 with Zamalek.