Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Ex-Zamalek player appointed assistant coach to Lierse S.K
Ex-Zamalek player Mohamed Abdel-Wahed revealed that he will be the new assistant coach to Lierse S.K.
Abdel-Wahed retired last season after a long journey, playing for Zamalek, Tersana, Mokawlon, Ismaily, Ghazl El-Mahala and Wadi Degla in Egypt. Moreover, Abdel-Wahed played abroad for Lierse S.K, from 2008-2011, before returning to Egypt, then he came back again in the 2012-2013 season.
Abdel-Wahed stated that that he will be traveling to Belgium in the upcoming days to sign the contract with Maged Samy, the Egyptian businessman and chairman of both Lierse S.K and Wadi Degla. The Egyptian will be joining the Belgian coach, Eric Van Meir, who previously coached Abdel-Wahed in the 2010-2011 season.
Lierse is currently competing in the Belgian second division and finished in the 7th place last season.
It’s worth mentioning that the Egyptian coach, Hany Ramzy, has been previously appointed as the Head coach of Lierse in the 2012-2013 season.
The 35-year-old has won the Egyptian Premier league twice in 2003 and 2004, and the African Champions League in 2002 with Zamalek.