Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Jol praises Antwi, fans after Roma friendly
The Ghanaian striker, who hasn’t been getting enough playing time at Al Ahly, scored the Red Devils’ first goal in the game, before making way for Malick Evouna in the second half.
“He always embarrasses me because of the failure to pay him, despite his brilliance and scoring goals,” Jol said during the post-match press conference.
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager also spoke about the importance of the game and the role of the substitutes with the team. Several players who have been constantly benched during the league games took part in Roma’s match, including Ahmed El-Sheikh, who scored Al Ahly’s winning goal.
“We benefited from giving the chance for many players during the game, and they were able to prove themselves. For example, Saad Samir was able to stop an excellent striker as Edin Dzeko,” Jol added.
The Dutch manager, who was happy with the result, expressed his delight with the huge number of fans who attended the game, which took place at Hazza bin Zayed Stadium in the UAE.
“I am happy with the result and that we defeated a great team like Roma…Al Ahly fans are the best in the world and they can only be compared to Hamburger SV,” he concluded.