Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Jol praises Antwi, fans after Roma friendly
The Ghanaian striker, who hasn’t been getting enough playing time at Al Ahly, scored the Red Devils’ first goal in the game, before making way for Malick Evouna in the second half.
“He always embarrasses me because of the failure to pay him, despite his brilliance and scoring goals,” Jol said during the post-match press conference.
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager also spoke about the importance of the game and the role of the substitutes with the team. Several players who have been constantly benched during the league games took part in Roma’s match, including Ahmed El-Sheikh, who scored Al Ahly’s winning goal.
“We benefited from giving the chance for many players during the game, and they were able to prove themselves. For example, Saad Samir was able to stop an excellent striker as Edin Dzeko,” Jol added.
The Dutch manager, who was happy with the result, expressed his delight with the huge number of fans who attended the game, which took place at Hazza bin Zayed Stadium in the UAE.
“I am happy with the result and that we defeated a great team like Roma…Al Ahly fans are the best in the world and they can only be compared to Hamburger SV,” he concluded.