Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Jol praises Antwi, fans after Roma friendly
The Ghanaian striker, who hasn’t been getting enough playing time at Al Ahly, scored the Red Devils’ first goal in the game, before making way for Malick Evouna in the second half.
“He always embarrasses me because of the failure to pay him, despite his brilliance and scoring goals,” Jol said during the post-match press conference.
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager also spoke about the importance of the game and the role of the substitutes with the team. Several players who have been constantly benched during the league games took part in Roma’s match, including Ahmed El-Sheikh, who scored Al Ahly’s winning goal.
“We benefited from giving the chance for many players during the game, and they were able to prove themselves. For example, Saad Samir was able to stop an excellent striker as Edin Dzeko,” Jol added.
The Dutch manager, who was happy with the result, expressed his delight with the huge number of fans who attended the game, which took place at Hazza bin Zayed Stadium in the UAE.
“I am happy with the result and that we defeated a great team like Roma…Al Ahly fans are the best in the world and they can only be compared to Hamburger SV,” he concluded.