Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Spalletti: Al Ahly deserved to win
“Al Ahly are a good team, their performance was better and they deserved to win,” Spalletti said after the game.
“It was a difficult match and we failed to convert the chances that we created throughout the game,” he added.
Dzeko and Salah scored for Roma, while Antwi and Momen Zakaria netted for Al Ahly, as the first half ended 2-2. Walid Soliman gave Al Ahly the lead as he scored the third in the second half.
The Giallorossi then managed to level the scoreline making it 3-3 in the first minute of added time, before Ahmed El-Sheikh scored the winning goal for Al Ahly.
“Overall, it was a good experience. We benefited from giving several players the chance to feature as well as from facing a strong team like Al Ahly,” he concluded.