Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Spalletti: Al Ahly deserved to win
“Al Ahly are a good team, their performance was better and they deserved to win,” Spalletti said after the game.
“It was a difficult match and we failed to convert the chances that we created throughout the game,” he added.
Dzeko and Salah scored for Roma, while Antwi and Momen Zakaria netted for Al Ahly, as the first half ended 2-2. Walid Soliman gave Al Ahly the lead as he scored the third in the second half.
The Giallorossi then managed to level the scoreline making it 3-3 in the first minute of added time, before Ahmed El-Sheikh scored the winning goal for Al Ahly.
“Overall, it was a good experience. We benefited from giving several players the chance to feature as well as from facing a strong team like Al Ahly,” he concluded.