Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Spalletti: Al Ahly deserved to win
“Al Ahly are a good team, their performance was better and they deserved to win,” Spalletti said after the game.
“It was a difficult match and we failed to convert the chances that we created throughout the game,” he added.
Dzeko and Salah scored for Roma, while Antwi and Momen Zakaria netted for Al Ahly, as the first half ended 2-2. Walid Soliman gave Al Ahly the lead as he scored the third in the second half.
The Giallorossi then managed to level the scoreline making it 3-3 in the first minute of added time, before Ahmed El-Sheikh scored the winning goal for Al Ahly.
“Overall, it was a good experience. We benefited from giving several players the chance to feature as well as from facing a strong team like Al Ahly,” he concluded.