Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Trezeguet left out as Anderlecht qualify for Champions League
Mahmoud Hassan’s R.S.C Anderlecht secured their spot in next year’s champions league qualifiers with a win over Zulte Waregem.
It was the last day of the Pro league Championship round in Belgium, and the Brussels side needed a home win in order to secure their spot in the champions league qualifiers.
Manager Besnik Hasi decided to exclude 21-year-old Egyptian midfielder Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ ahead of the highly anticipated game.
The Purple & White started the game with purpose creating many chances for themselves, but the home fans had to wait until the 37th minute to see their team go ahead through Nuytinck.
In the second half, Anderlecht continued their domination before Dennis Praet sealed the game for his team with a goal in the 72nd minute in order to bring the score to 2-0.
With this win, the team’s spot in next year’s Champions League qualifiers has been secured.
It is worth noting that this game was Anderlecht’s last of the season. Trezeguet, who was on the bench for the team’s previous game, is said to have signed a permanent contract with the Brussels team.
Hassan, who was on loan from Al Ahly for the whole season, participated in a total of eight games with Anderlecht, including a Europa League encounter. He recorded one assist.
The Egyptian will now be looking to make a place for himself in the team starting for next season.