Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Trezeguet left out as Anderlecht qualify for Champions League
Mahmoud Hassan’s R.S.C Anderlecht secured their spot in next year’s champions league qualifiers with a win over Zulte Waregem.
It was the last day of the Pro league Championship round in Belgium, and the Brussels side needed a home win in order to secure their spot in the champions league qualifiers.
Manager Besnik Hasi decided to exclude 21-year-old Egyptian midfielder Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ ahead of the highly anticipated game.
The Purple & White started the game with purpose creating many chances for themselves, but the home fans had to wait until the 37th minute to see their team go ahead through Nuytinck.
In the second half, Anderlecht continued their domination before Dennis Praet sealed the game for his team with a goal in the 72nd minute in order to bring the score to 2-0.
With this win, the team’s spot in next year’s Champions League qualifiers has been secured.
It is worth noting that this game was Anderlecht’s last of the season. Trezeguet, who was on the bench for the team’s previous game, is said to have signed a permanent contract with the Brussels team.
Hassan, who was on loan from Al Ahly for the whole season, participated in a total of eight games with Anderlecht, including a Europa League encounter. He recorded one assist.
The Egyptian will now be looking to make a place for himself in the team starting for next season.