Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Trezeguet left out as Anderlecht qualify for Champions League
Mahmoud Hassan’s R.S.C Anderlecht secured their spot in next year’s champions league qualifiers with a win over Zulte Waregem.
It was the last day of the Pro league Championship round in Belgium, and the Brussels side needed a home win in order to secure their spot in the champions league qualifiers.
Manager Besnik Hasi decided to exclude 21-year-old Egyptian midfielder Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ ahead of the highly anticipated game.
The Purple & White started the game with purpose creating many chances for themselves, but the home fans had to wait until the 37th minute to see their team go ahead through Nuytinck.
In the second half, Anderlecht continued their domination before Dennis Praet sealed the game for his team with a goal in the 72nd minute in order to bring the score to 2-0.
With this win, the team’s spot in next year’s Champions League qualifiers has been secured.
It is worth noting that this game was Anderlecht’s last of the season. Trezeguet, who was on the bench for the team’s previous game, is said to have signed a permanent contract with the Brussels team.
Hassan, who was on loan from Al Ahly for the whole season, participated in a total of eight games with Anderlecht, including a Europa League encounter. He recorded one assist.
The Egyptian will now be looking to make a place for himself in the team starting for next season.