AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Koka wins Taça de Portugal with Braga
Egypt International Ahmed Hassan ‘koka’ won the Taça de Portugal with Sporting Braga after beating José Peseiro’s Porto 4-2 on pens after drawing 2-2.
Ahmed Hassan, who joined Sporting Braga last summer, played the entire game to become the first Egyptian to lift the Taça de Portugal.
Rui Fonte exploited some poor defending and a blunder by Porto’s goalkeeper Helton, after a great long ball from Koka, to put Braga ahead in the 12th minute at the Estádio Nacional.
Porto tried to level the score by producing a few dangerous chances but Brahimi and André Silva couldn’t convert them, ending the first half 1-0 for Braga.
In the 58th minute, Braga doubled their lead through Josue Pesqueira who is on loan from FC Porto. The Portuguese scored Braga’s second goal after an error from Iván Marcano.
Three minutes later André Silva scored Porto’s first goal of the game after collecting the rebound from Yacine Brahimi’s shot, making it 2-1 for the Archbishops.
Porto increased its pressure in the remaining minutes searching for the equalizer, and it came the 88th minute after a brilliant overhead kick by André Silva to take the game into extra time.
The teams could not be separated by extra time and, when it went to penalties, goalkeeper Carlos Marafona saved two Porto’s penalties, from Héctor Herrera and Maxi Pereira, to help his side winning the cup for the first time since 1966.
Ahmed Hassan joined Sporting Braga last summer for a fee reported to be around €700 thousand. The 23-year-old scored 15 goals and made 7 assists in 45 games for Paulo Fonseca’s side this season.