Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Koka wins Taça de Portugal with Braga
Egypt International Ahmed Hassan ‘koka’ won the Taça de Portugal with Sporting Braga after beating José Peseiro’s Porto 4-2 on pens after drawing 2-2.
Ahmed Hassan, who joined Sporting Braga last summer, played the entire game to become the first Egyptian to lift the Taça de Portugal.
Rui Fonte exploited some poor defending and a blunder by Porto’s goalkeeper Helton, after a great long ball from Koka, to put Braga ahead in the 12th minute at the Estádio Nacional.
Porto tried to level the score by producing a few dangerous chances but Brahimi and André Silva couldn’t convert them, ending the first half 1-0 for Braga.
In the 58th minute, Braga doubled their lead through Josue Pesqueira who is on loan from FC Porto. The Portuguese scored Braga’s second goal after an error from Iván Marcano.
Three minutes later André Silva scored Porto’s first goal of the game after collecting the rebound from Yacine Brahimi’s shot, making it 2-1 for the Archbishops.
Porto increased its pressure in the remaining minutes searching for the equalizer, and it came the 88th minute after a brilliant overhead kick by André Silva to take the game into extra time.
The teams could not be separated by extra time and, when it went to penalties, goalkeeper Carlos Marafona saved two Porto’s penalties, from Héctor Herrera and Maxi Pereira, to help his side winning the cup for the first time since 1966.
Ahmed Hassan joined Sporting Braga last summer for a fee reported to be around €700 thousand. The 23-year-old scored 15 goals and made 7 assists in 45 games for Paulo Fonseca’s side this season.