Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Mohamed Farouk: I must be treated in a more respectful way
Farouk praised the actions of Zamalek’s president Mortada Mansour during the time the match was stopped and after the match ended to solve the problem.
“Mortada Mansour apologized to us. I would like to thank him for his kind act,” Farouk told LTC TV channel.
Zamalek fans who were present in the stadium were furious from the referee’s decisions and started cursing officials. Mohamed Farouk stopped the match for eight minutes and then resumed it, adding 14 minutes for stoppage time. “14 minutes of stoppage time is not a lot,” he added.
“I am not an amateur referee that gets affected by pressure and I should be treated in a more professional manner.”
He also talked about sending off Zamalek’s striker, Bassem Morsi, saying that this was the result of receiving a second yellow card and that the player did not act unprofessionally with him afterwards.