Confederation of African Football officials have revealed their stance surrounding the...
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
VIDEO: Evouna scores brace as Al Ahly defeat nine-man Contractors
Al Ahly defeated Arab Contractors 3-0 in an ill-tempered match in gameweek 30 of the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday.
A brace from Evouna and goal for Momen Zakaria gave Al Ahly an important win, in a game that witnessed the dismissal of two Contractors players.
Fifteen minutes into the game, Contractors had already made their first substitution, as injured Omar Gamal made way for Mohamed Maged Onosh.
Malick Evouna opened the scoring in the 21st minute; he pounced on a loose ball following Mahmoud Abou El-Seoud’s poor save on Abdallah El-Said’s shot.
Tensions boiled after the goal as Contractors’ Ahmed Ali and Ahmed Moddy were sent off in the same minute for protesting Evouna’s goal. The Contractors continued the rest of the match with nine players.
Three minutes to the break, Evouna completed his brace. Walid Soliman lobbed the ball over Abou El-Seoud but it hit the bar and landed in front of Evouna who tapped the ball in.
A minute into the second half, Momen Zakaria wasted a chance to score the third for Al Ahly as the ball hit the post. Zakaria had another attempt on goal, but his volley from inside the box was parried away by Abou El-Seoud.
After making their three substitutions, several Contractors players seemed to pretend they were injured, which appeared to be an attempt to get the game called off, as at some point there were only six players on the pitch. The Contractors players however returned to the field and continued the game.
FACT: Arab Contractors once forfeited a match against @AlAhly in 1990. The Red Devils were up 2-1 until FIVE players faked injuries…
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) May 25, 2016
Zakaria’s attempt in the 68th minute proved successful as he found Evouna’s cross and headed it into the net to make it 3-0.
During the added time, Evouna was close to add a fourth goal after a cross from Ahmed Fathi, but the Gabonese striker header went straight at the keeper, as the game ended 3-0 for the Red Devils.