Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
EFA suspend Bassem Morsi, fine Zamalek
The committee’s decision came as a result of the inappropriate conduct of Zamalek players and coaching staff during Misr El-Maqassa game, which ended in a 3-1 victory for the White Castle.
Zamalek were fined EGP 20,000 for using insulting language towards the referee following Maqassa’s controversial goal. They were fined an additional EGP 5,000 for entering the pitch after Bassem Morsi was sent off.
The Zamalek striker was suspended for one game after being shown the red card during his team’s encounter with the El-Maqqasa. The EFA’s suspension decision means that Morsi will miss his side’s match against ENPPI on Thursday.
Zamalek currently sit second in the league table on 60 points, five away from leaders Al Ahly, who face Contractors on Wednesday.