Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
EFA suspend Bassem Morsi, fine Zamalek
The committee’s decision came as a result of the inappropriate conduct of Zamalek players and coaching staff during Misr El-Maqassa game, which ended in a 3-1 victory for the White Castle.
Zamalek were fined EGP 20,000 for using insulting language towards the referee following Maqassa’s controversial goal. They were fined an additional EGP 5,000 for entering the pitch after Bassem Morsi was sent off.
The Zamalek striker was suspended for one game after being shown the red card during his team’s encounter with the El-Maqqasa. The EFA’s suspension decision means that Morsi will miss his side’s match against ENPPI on Thursday.
Zamalek currently sit second in the league table on 60 points, five away from leaders Al Ahly, who face Contractors on Wednesday.