Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Zamalek withdraw their decision to forfeit the league
Zamalek have previously communicated that they are quitting the domestic competition as long as head of refereeing committee Gamal El-Ghandour is staying in his post, claiming that the latter is giving arch rivals Al Ahly a hand to win the league following their controversial game against Arab Contractors where the Red Devils sealed a 3-0 victory on Wednesday.
The Whites have taken their decision to resume the league after Mansour called for an urgent board of directors meeting, where board members stressed on the importance of proceeding in the competition.
“There will be contacts on Sunday with Youth and Sports minister Khaled Abdel-Aziz and EFA interim president Hassan Farid, there will be enough time to sack El-Ghandour for the benefit of everybody, otherwise Zamalek will have another word,” Mansour said on Thursday
Subsequently, Zamalek’s game against ENPPI, scheduled on Thursday evening, will normally take place, with the White Castle sitting in the second place with eight points behind league leaders Al Ahly.