Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Tunisian giants Esperance ordered to pay Afful
Tunis side Esperance could suffer the wrath of FIFA. The club has been ordered to pay money owed to, Columbus Crew defender, Harrison Afful.
The Ghanian featured for the Blood and Gold from 2009 to 2015. He famously scored the winning goal in the 2011 CAF Champions League final against Wydad Casablanca.
FIFA has directed the Tunisian Football Federation (FTF) to deduct six points from Esperance if payment is not made by June 26th, 2016. The figure is reported to be in hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Tunis side failed to comply to three previous deadlines. If this persists, they could be relegated to a lower tier.
FIFA has consequently handed Esperance Tunis a fine in the thousands of Swiss Franc.
A similar tussle was experienced, in Tunisia, between Ugandan striker Emmanuel Okwi and Etoile Sahel.