Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Al-Ahli Jeddah clinch King’s Cup
Al Ahli Jeddah managed to seize the King’s Cup with a 2-1 victory over Al-Nassr and managed to finish the season with a historical double for the first time.
Egypt’s Mohamed Abd El-Shafy featured in the starting lineup in a historical night for Al Ahli Jeddah, as they managed to clinch the King’s Cup over rivals Al-Nassr with a 2-1 victory.
With that win, Al Ahli become the first Saudi team to win the double in an extraordinary season.
The first half started with a high tempo from Al Ahli, as they managed to wrap it up with a one goal margin with a goal from Omar al-Somah.
Tables turned in the second half as Al Nassr took the helm, the attacks kept flowing until Ahmed al Fraidi managed to level the score up in the 61st minute. Al Fraidi was later on sent off in the 121th minute.
The game went to extra-time as the score was level on the 90th minute. It was Al-Somah again, with a goal in the 114th minute to seize the win for Al Ahli.
With this win, Al Ahli achieved their 13th cup title in its history, alongside the historical double, and move away from their closest rival Al-Ittihad with eight titles to its name.