KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Dortmund CEO: Aubameyang rumors are ‘nonsense’
Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has shot down rumors that Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is set to leave the Bundesliga club.
Gabon national team manager Jorge Costa claimed that Aubameyang requested to not be called up for the next national team fixture, as he is leaving Dortmund and looking for a new club.
Aubameyang has been repeatedly linked with moves to both the Premiership and La Liga throughout the years, with Arsenal, Manchester United, and Real Madrid among the clubs reportedly interested in the talented Gabonese striker.
However, Watzke unequivocally denied the rumors of Aubameyang’s departure, going so far as to call them ‘nonsense.’
Aubameyang completed an extraordinary season by scoring 36 goals in 45 appearances with Borussia Dortmund, leading them to the second place in Bundesliga.
Jorge Costa was appointed as the Gabon national team manager in 2014 after the sacking of Stéphane Bounguendza following the African Cup of Nations.
Gabon have already qualified for AFCON 2017, as they are hosting the tournament. Les Panthères have qualified for the third round of the 2018 World Cup qualifying, and they await the drawing of groups.