KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Dortmund CEO: Aubameyang rumors are ‘nonsense’
Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has shot down rumors that Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is set to leave the Bundesliga club.
Gabon national team manager Jorge Costa claimed that Aubameyang requested to not be called up for the next national team fixture, as he is leaving Dortmund and looking for a new club.
Aubameyang has been repeatedly linked with moves to both the Premiership and La Liga throughout the years, with Arsenal, Manchester United, and Real Madrid among the clubs reportedly interested in the talented Gabonese striker.
However, Watzke unequivocally denied the rumors of Aubameyang’s departure, going so far as to call them ‘nonsense.’
Aubameyang completed an extraordinary season by scoring 36 goals in 45 appearances with Borussia Dortmund, leading them to the second place in Bundesliga.
Jorge Costa was appointed as the Gabon national team manager in 2014 after the sacking of Stéphane Bounguendza following the African Cup of Nations.
Gabon have already qualified for AFCON 2017, as they are hosting the tournament. Les Panthères have qualified for the third round of the 2018 World Cup qualifying, and they await the drawing of groups.