Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Jorge Costa: Aubameyang is leaving
Gabon national team manager Jorge Costa has stated that Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang requested to not be called up for their next match as he is leaving the club.
The Portuguese manager announced that Aubameyang stated that he is departing Borussia Dortmund and looking for a new club. Thus, he requested to not be called up for their next match against Mauritania.
Aubameyang completed an extraordinary season by scoring 36 goals in 45 appearances with Borussia Dortmund, leading them to the second place in Bundesliga.
Jorge Costa was appointed as the Gabon national team manager in 2014 after the sacking of Stéphane Bounguendza following the African Cup of Nations.
Gabon have already qualified for AFCON 2017, as they are hosting the tournament. Les Panthères have qualified for the third round of the 2018 World Cup qualifying, and they await the drawing of groups.