Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Jorge Costa: Aubameyang is leaving
Gabon national team manager Jorge Costa has stated that Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang requested to not be called up for their next match as he is leaving the club.
The Portuguese manager announced that Aubameyang stated that he is departing Borussia Dortmund and looking for a new club. Thus, he requested to not be called up for their next match against Mauritania.
Aubameyang completed an extraordinary season by scoring 36 goals in 45 appearances with Borussia Dortmund, leading them to the second place in Bundesliga.
Jorge Costa was appointed as the Gabon national team manager in 2014 after the sacking of Stéphane Bounguendza following the African Cup of Nations.
Gabon have already qualified for AFCON 2017, as they are hosting the tournament. Les Panthères have qualified for the third round of the 2018 World Cup qualifying, and they await the drawing of groups.