Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Jorge Costa: Aubameyang is leaving
Gabon national team manager Jorge Costa has stated that Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang requested to not be called up for their next match as he is leaving the club.
The Portuguese manager announced that Aubameyang stated that he is departing Borussia Dortmund and looking for a new club. Thus, he requested to not be called up for their next match against Mauritania.
Aubameyang completed an extraordinary season by scoring 36 goals in 45 appearances with Borussia Dortmund, leading them to the second place in Bundesliga.
Jorge Costa was appointed as the Gabon national team manager in 2014 after the sacking of Stéphane Bounguendza following the African Cup of Nations.
Gabon have already qualified for AFCON 2017, as they are hosting the tournament. Les Panthères have qualified for the third round of the 2018 World Cup qualifying, and they await the drawing of groups.