The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Jorge Costa: Aubameyang is leaving
Gabon national team manager Jorge Costa has stated that Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang requested to not be called up for their next match as he is leaving the club.
The Portuguese manager announced that Aubameyang stated that he is departing Borussia Dortmund and looking for a new club. Thus, he requested to not be called up for their next match against Mauritania.
Aubameyang completed an extraordinary season by scoring 36 goals in 45 appearances with Borussia Dortmund, leading them to the second place in Bundesliga.
Jorge Costa was appointed as the Gabon national team manager in 2014 after the sacking of Stéphane Bounguendza following the African Cup of Nations.
Gabon have already qualified for AFCON 2017, as they are hosting the tournament. Les Panthères have qualified for the third round of the 2018 World Cup qualifying, and they await the drawing of groups.