Mohamed Elneny took park in the “Impossible Behind The Goal Shot” challenge...
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
Zamalek to forfeit league, joined by six other clubs
After stating his intentions to forfeit the league and subsequently changing his mind the next day, Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has again announced Zamalek will forfeit the league.
Zamalek SC announced their original intentions to forfeit the Egyptian Premier League in the midst of Al Ahly’s clash with Arab Contractors, in which Arab Contractors had two players sent off in the first half.
A Zamalek statement read, “At a time when an illegitimate goal for Maqassa was allowed to stand, two Contractors players were unfairly sent off in their match against Al Ahly.”
“This indicates that there is an intention to gift the league title to our rivals,” the statement added, describing the competition’s atmosphere as “unhealthy” and “unfair”.
Mortada Mansour announced the White Knights will not play in the league as long as Gamal El-Ghandour remains in his position as the head of the refereeing committee. However, one day later, they backtracked on their original decision and decided to remain in the league.
On Sunday, Mortada Mansour reiterated his intentions to forfeit the league until the resignation of Gamal El-Ghandour. The club’s committee has agreed with Mortada’s stance. Furthermore, Zamalek is joined by Ismaily, Mahalla, Ittihad, Haras El-Hodood, Ittihad El-Shorta, and Al Masry.
It remains to be seen if the refereeing committee or the EFA will issue a response.