Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Babatunde agrees to join Qatari second division side
The Super Eagles midfielder joined Raja on a free transfer in the January 2016 transfer window, after leaving Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk of Ukraine.
Raja explained they agreed to sell the 23-year-old midfielder after the player expressed his desire to join the Qatari side. The Moroccan team also pointed out that the player’s contract has a $600,000 release clause.
The transfer fee is expected to be somewhere around $1.1 million, while the Nigerian forward would earn a staggering $2.1 million.
The Qatari side were relegated to the second division after finishing 13th in the 2015/16 season.