Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Contractors’ Ahmed Ali suspended until end of season
The competitions committee decision came after the forward failed to keep his temper during his side’s match in gameweek 30. The former Ismaily and Zamalek striker was sent off for protesting the Red Devils’ first goal and for his unsporting behaviour towards the referee.
The referee told media outlets following the game that Ali used insulting language towards him, while the player denied these claims.
Ali’s suspension means that he will miss the remainder of the season, as Contractors have only four more games until the end of the campaign. The team now sit 14th in the league standings on 34 points from 30 games.
Contractors’ Ahmed Moody, who was also sent off during the same game after being shown two yellow cards, received a one-match ban.
The referee’s decisions during the game resulted in Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour declaring his intentions to forfeit the league until the resignation of head of the refereeing committee Gamal El-Ghandour.