Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Contractors’ Ahmed Ali suspended until end of season
The competitions committee decision came after the forward failed to keep his temper during his side’s match in gameweek 30. The former Ismaily and Zamalek striker was sent off for protesting the Red Devils’ first goal and for his unsporting behaviour towards the referee.
The referee told media outlets following the game that Ali used insulting language towards him, while the player denied these claims.
Ali’s suspension means that he will miss the remainder of the season, as Contractors have only four more games until the end of the campaign. The team now sit 14th in the league standings on 34 points from 30 games.
Contractors’ Ahmed Moody, who was also sent off during the same game after being shown two yellow cards, received a one-match ban.
The referee’s decisions during the game resulted in Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour declaring his intentions to forfeit the league until the resignation of head of the refereeing committee Gamal El-Ghandour.