AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Ehab Galal extends Misr El-Maqassa contract
The Maqassa manager, whose contract expires by the end of the season, signed a new three-year deal with the team.
Galal replaced Tarek Yehia at the helm of the team in 2014. In his first season as the team’s manager, he led the Fayoum-based team to finish fourth in the Egyptian Premier League standings, booking the club a spot in the CAF Confederation Cup for the first time in their history.
Earlier this month, they were knocked out of the Confederation Cup round of 16 at the hands of Ahli Tripoli. The Libyan side secured a spot in the competition’s quarter-finals on the away goal rule, as they played out a goalless draw in Libya before clinching a 1-1 draw in the return leg in Egypt.
Maqassa currently sit eighth in league table on 43 points from 28 games, four points away from fourth-placed Smouha who played 30 matches.