Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Ehab Galal extends Misr El-Maqassa contract
The Maqassa manager, whose contract expires by the end of the season, signed a new three-year deal with the team.
Galal replaced Tarek Yehia at the helm of the team in 2014. In his first season as the team’s manager, he led the Fayoum-based team to finish fourth in the Egyptian Premier League standings, booking the club a spot in the CAF Confederation Cup for the first time in their history.
Earlier this month, they were knocked out of the Confederation Cup round of 16 at the hands of Ahli Tripoli. The Libyan side secured a spot in the competition’s quarter-finals on the away goal rule, as they played out a goalless draw in Libya before clinching a 1-1 draw in the return leg in Egypt.
Maqassa currently sit eighth in league table on 43 points from 28 games, four points away from fourth-placed Smouha who played 30 matches.