Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Ehab Galal extends Misr El-Maqassa contract
The Maqassa manager, whose contract expires by the end of the season, signed a new three-year deal with the team.
Galal replaced Tarek Yehia at the helm of the team in 2014. In his first season as the team’s manager, he led the Fayoum-based team to finish fourth in the Egyptian Premier League standings, booking the club a spot in the CAF Confederation Cup for the first time in their history.
Earlier this month, they were knocked out of the Confederation Cup round of 16 at the hands of Ahli Tripoli. The Libyan side secured a spot in the competition’s quarter-finals on the away goal rule, as they played out a goalless draw in Libya before clinching a 1-1 draw in the return leg in Egypt.
Maqassa currently sit eighth in league table on 43 points from 28 games, four points away from fourth-placed Smouha who played 30 matches.