Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Ehab Galal extends Misr El-Maqassa contract
The Maqassa manager, whose contract expires by the end of the season, signed a new three-year deal with the team.
Galal replaced Tarek Yehia at the helm of the team in 2014. In his first season as the team’s manager, he led the Fayoum-based team to finish fourth in the Egyptian Premier League standings, booking the club a spot in the CAF Confederation Cup for the first time in their history.
Earlier this month, they were knocked out of the Confederation Cup round of 16 at the hands of Ahli Tripoli. The Libyan side secured a spot in the competition’s quarter-finals on the away goal rule, as they played out a goalless draw in Libya before clinching a 1-1 draw in the return leg in Egypt.
Maqassa currently sit eighth in league table on 43 points from 28 games, four points away from fourth-placed Smouha who played 30 matches.