Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Official: Al-Ahli appoint Jose Gomes
Gross, who rejected an offer to renew his contract with the club due to personal reasons, had advised the Saudi champions to appoint Gomes at the helm of the team.
The Jeddah-based club, which have Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy in their squad, announced on their official Twitter account on Monday the appointment of the Portuguese manager on a three-year deal.
Gomes, who took over at Al-Taawon in 2014, led the team to book a spot in the AFC Champions League play-off stage, after finishing fourth in the league standings this season, which recorded their best-ever league position.
After his impressive stint with Al-Taawon, the 45-year-old manager decided to depart the club to join Al-Ahli, who won the domestic double this season.