Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Official: Al-Ahli appoint Jose Gomes
Gross, who rejected an offer to renew his contract with the club due to personal reasons, had advised the Saudi champions to appoint Gomes at the helm of the team.
The Jeddah-based club, which have Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy in their squad, announced on their official Twitter account on Monday the appointment of the Portuguese manager on a three-year deal.
Gomes, who took over at Al-Taawon in 2014, led the team to book a spot in the AFC Champions League play-off stage, after finishing fourth in the league standings this season, which recorded their best-ever league position.
After his impressive stint with Al-Taawon, the 45-year-old manager decided to depart the club to join Al-Ahli, who won the domestic double this season.