Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Official: Al-Ahli appoint Jose Gomes
Gross, who rejected an offer to renew his contract with the club due to personal reasons, had advised the Saudi champions to appoint Gomes at the helm of the team.
The Jeddah-based club, which have Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy in their squad, announced on their official Twitter account on Monday the appointment of the Portuguese manager on a three-year deal.
Gomes, who took over at Al-Taawon in 2014, led the team to book a spot in the AFC Champions League play-off stage, after finishing fourth in the league standings this season, which recorded their best-ever league position.
After his impressive stint with Al-Taawon, the 45-year-old manager decided to depart the club to join Al-Ahli, who won the domestic double this season.