Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Official: Al-Ahli appoint Jose Gomes
Gross, who rejected an offer to renew his contract with the club due to personal reasons, had advised the Saudi champions to appoint Gomes at the helm of the team.
The Jeddah-based club, which have Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy in their squad, announced on their official Twitter account on Monday the appointment of the Portuguese manager on a three-year deal.
Gomes, who took over at Al-Taawon in 2014, led the team to book a spot in the AFC Champions League play-off stage, after finishing fourth in the league standings this season, which recorded their best-ever league position.
After his impressive stint with Al-Taawon, the 45-year-old manager decided to depart the club to join Al-Ahli, who won the domestic double this season.