Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
Official: Al-Ahli appoint Jose Gomes
Gross, who rejected an offer to renew his contract with the club due to personal reasons, had advised the Saudi champions to appoint Gomes at the helm of the team.
The Jeddah-based club, which have Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy in their squad, announced on their official Twitter account on Monday the appointment of the Portuguese manager on a three-year deal.
Gomes, who took over at Al-Taawon in 2014, led the team to book a spot in the AFC Champions League play-off stage, after finishing fourth in the league standings this season, which recorded their best-ever league position.
After his impressive stint with Al-Taawon, the 45-year-old manager decided to depart the club to join Al-Ahli, who won the domestic double this season.