Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
HAMMER THROW: Egypt’s Mostafa Al-Gamal ruled out of Summer Olympics
Egypt’s hammer thrower Mostafa Al-Gamal has been ruled out of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro due to a Knee Injury.
Gamal suffered from a tear in his knee ligament in training and is set to have surgery to repair the damage. It will take the player around one month to regain function in his knee and his participation in the Olympics is doubted.
The 27-year-old made a 79.90 meter throw in the national team’s tryouts back in July 2015 which ranked him second globally as he achieved the second best number this year.
Gamal broke the African and Egyptian hammer throw record in 2014, achieving a 81.29m throw, adding 66 cm to the previous record that stood since 2005, which was 80.63 m. He also added more than three meters with the same throw to the Egyptian record which was 78.21 m.