Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
HAMMER THROW: Egypt’s Mostafa Al-Gamal ruled out of Summer Olympics
Egypt’s hammer thrower Mostafa Al-Gamal has been ruled out of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro due to a Knee Injury.
Gamal suffered from a tear in his knee ligament in training and is set to have surgery to repair the damage. It will take the player around one month to regain function in his knee and his participation in the Olympics is doubted.
The 27-year-old made a 79.90 meter throw in the national team’s tryouts back in July 2015 which ranked him second globally as he achieved the second best number this year.
Gamal broke the African and Egyptian hammer throw record in 2014, achieving a 81.29m throw, adding 66 cm to the previous record that stood since 2005, which was 80.63 m. He also added more than three meters with the same throw to the Egyptian record which was 78.21 m.