Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
HAMMER THROW: Egypt’s Mostafa Al-Gamal ruled out of Summer Olympics
Egypt’s hammer thrower Mostafa Al-Gamal has been ruled out of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro due to a Knee Injury.
Gamal suffered from a tear in his knee ligament in training and is set to have surgery to repair the damage. It will take the player around one month to regain function in his knee and his participation in the Olympics is doubted.
The 27-year-old made a 79.90 meter throw in the national team’s tryouts back in July 2015 which ranked him second globally as he achieved the second best number this year.
Gamal broke the African and Egyptian hammer throw record in 2014, achieving a 81.29m throw, adding 66 cm to the previous record that stood since 2005, which was 80.63 m. He also added more than three meters with the same throw to the Egyptian record which was 78.21 m.