Mohamed Elneny took park in the “Impossible Behind The Goal Shot” challenge...
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
HAMMER THROW: Egypt’s Mostafa Al-Gamal ruled out of Summer Olympics
Egypt’s hammer thrower Mostafa Al-Gamal has been ruled out of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro due to a Knee Injury.
Gamal suffered from a tear in his knee ligament in training and is set to have surgery to repair the damage. It will take the player around one month to regain function in his knee and his participation in the Olympics is doubted.
The 27-year-old made a 79.90 meter throw in the national team’s tryouts back in July 2015 which ranked him second globally as he achieved the second best number this year.
Gamal broke the African and Egyptian hammer throw record in 2014, achieving a 81.29m throw, adding 66 cm to the previous record that stood since 2005, which was 80.63 m. He also added more than three meters with the same throw to the Egyptian record which was 78.21 m.