After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
HAMMER THROW: Egypt’s Mostafa Al-Gamal ruled out of Summer Olympics
Egypt’s hammer thrower Mostafa Al-Gamal has been ruled out of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro due to a Knee Injury.
Gamal suffered from a tear in his knee ligament in training and is set to have surgery to repair the damage. It will take the player around one month to regain function in his knee and his participation in the Olympics is doubted.
The 27-year-old made a 79.90 meter throw in the national team’s tryouts back in July 2015 which ranked him second globally as he achieved the second best number this year.
Gamal broke the African and Egyptian hammer throw record in 2014, achieving a 81.29m throw, adding 66 cm to the previous record that stood since 2005, which was 80.63 m. He also added more than three meters with the same throw to the Egyptian record which was 78.21 m.