Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
ES Setif intend to sue Algerian keeper Faouzi Chaouchi
After the last round match of the Algerian League, Ligue 1, between MC Alger and ES Setif which ended 2-2, Faouzi Chaouchi has assaulted MC Alger keeper Abderraouf Belhani.
The incident was caught on camera and the reason for the assault has been the alleged abuse of MC Alger fans by Belhani.
Belhani is set to miss about four months due to injuries sustained because of the assault. He’s set for surgery to repair the fracture suffered in his hand which means that he will miss his side’s CAF Champions League matches against Zamalek.
It’s worth noting that Chaouchi played at ES Setif for three years from 2009 until 2011 before he joined his current club MC Alger.
The former Algerian international was one of the prominent players in the Algerian World Cup qualification campaign that saw the Fennecs qualify over their Egyptian counterparts to the 2010 World Cup.