Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
ES Setif intend to sue Algerian keeper Faouzi Chaouchi
After the last round match of the Algerian League, Ligue 1, between MC Alger and ES Setif which ended 2-2, Faouzi Chaouchi has assaulted MC Alger keeper Abderraouf Belhani.
The incident was caught on camera and the reason for the assault has been the alleged abuse of MC Alger fans by Belhani.
Belhani is set to miss about four months due to injuries sustained because of the assault. He’s set for surgery to repair the fracture suffered in his hand which means that he will miss his side’s CAF Champions League matches against Zamalek.
It’s worth noting that Chaouchi played at ES Setif for three years from 2009 until 2011 before he joined his current club MC Alger.
The former Algerian international was one of the prominent players in the Algerian World Cup qualification campaign that saw the Fennecs qualify over their Egyptian counterparts to the 2010 World Cup.