Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
Peter Ebi’s lawyer: Al Ahly face sanctions over player’s dues
Peter Ebimobowei’s lawyer Nasr Azzam has warned that Al Ahly may get severely punished by FIFA if they fail to pay his client’s dues.
In comments made to TV channel Sada El-Balad Azzam said: “FIFA have allowed Al Ahly a month to pay the player’s late dues before punishments and sanctions are to be made against the club.
“Peter is supposed to receive 550 thousand USD of late payments, but it could reach 636 thousand USD due to fines.”
FIFA have refused Al Ahly’s claim that Peter isn’t entitled to any payment due to the club being sent the notice in an illegal time period.
Peter’s lawyer Azzam has also commented saying that a friendly solution is still on the table and can be negotiated with the club even though negotiations broke down six months ago when Al Ahly only offered to pay 15% of the late dues which was refused by the player according to him.
On what sanctions Al Ahly may suffer if they fail to pay, Azzam said: “The first punishment the club will receive if they fail to pay within one month is a ban to register new players, second punishment would be deducting points and the final one would be relegating the club.”
It worth noting that Peter Ebimobwei joined Al Ahly from Nigerian club Bayelsa United, but failed to impress after only playing 12 games and scoring three goals. The Nigerian 22 year-old then signed for Entag El-Harby.