Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Al Ahly: Porto to pay Peseiro’s penalty clause
Al Ahly board member, Mohamed Abdel-Wahab, has stated that Portuguese side FC Porto will pay the penalty clause of former coach Jose Peseiro after the contract between the two parties was terminated.
Peseiro, who was sacked by Porto’s board few days ago, left Al Ahly mid-season after reaching an agreement with the Portuguese giants to take over the first team.
According to The Red Devils board veteran, Al Ahly have the right of obtaining $150,000 as a result of the contract cancellation with the 56-year-old manager.
“We were owed $300,000 which is the penalty clause of Peseiro’s contract, but we decided to deduct his dues at the club which is half the clause worth, so we are now getting $150,000,” Abdel-Wahab told Sada El Balad channel.
“It is expected that Porto will take care of paying the remaining amount despite sacking him [Peseiro] few days ago,” he added.