Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Al Ahly: Porto to pay Peseiro’s penalty clause
Al Ahly board member, Mohamed Abdel-Wahab, has stated that Portuguese side FC Porto will pay the penalty clause of former coach Jose Peseiro after the contract between the two parties was terminated.
Peseiro, who was sacked by Porto’s board few days ago, left Al Ahly mid-season after reaching an agreement with the Portuguese giants to take over the first team.
According to The Red Devils board veteran, Al Ahly have the right of obtaining $150,000 as a result of the contract cancellation with the 56-year-old manager.
“We were owed $300,000 which is the penalty clause of Peseiro’s contract, but we decided to deduct his dues at the club which is half the clause worth, so we are now getting $150,000,” Abdel-Wahab told Sada El Balad channel.
“It is expected that Porto will take care of paying the remaining amount despite sacking him [Peseiro] few days ago,” he added.