Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Al Ahly: Porto to pay Peseiro’s penalty clause
Al Ahly board member, Mohamed Abdel-Wahab, has stated that Portuguese side FC Porto will pay the penalty clause of former coach Jose Peseiro after the contract between the two parties was terminated.
Peseiro, who was sacked by Porto’s board few days ago, left Al Ahly mid-season after reaching an agreement with the Portuguese giants to take over the first team.
According to The Red Devils board veteran, Al Ahly have the right of obtaining $150,000 as a result of the contract cancellation with the 56-year-old manager.
“We were owed $300,000 which is the penalty clause of Peseiro’s contract, but we decided to deduct his dues at the club which is half the clause worth, so we are now getting $150,000,” Abdel-Wahab told Sada El Balad channel.
“It is expected that Porto will take care of paying the remaining amount despite sacking him [Peseiro] few days ago,” he added.