Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Egypt drop one place in regular FIFA June rankings
Egypt have dropped one spot in the regular June edition of the FIFA rankings, to occupy the 45th spot worldwide.
Albania overtook Egypt following their 3-1 friendly victory over Qatar on the 29th of May.
On the continental front, Egypt remain 5th behind fellow CAF teams Algeria (32nd), Côte d’Ivoire (36th), Ghana (37th) and Senegal (41st).
A special edition of the rankings will be released the upcoming weekend, after the conclusion of the penultimate round of 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, to finalize the four pots for the 2018 World Cup CAF qualification group stage draw.
Egypt can secure 5th place in Africa – and a subsequent Pot 1 seeding for WCQ – with a victory over Tanzania, who are looking to revive their feeble hopes of qualifying to next year’s showpiece tournament in Gabon.
The draw for the 2018 World Cup CAF qualification group stage will be held on the 24th, at the CAF headquarters in Cairo.