Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Egypt drop one place in regular FIFA June rankings
Egypt have dropped one spot in the regular June edition of the FIFA rankings, to occupy the 45th spot worldwide.
Albania overtook Egypt following their 3-1 friendly victory over Qatar on the 29th of May.
On the continental front, Egypt remain 5th behind fellow CAF teams Algeria (32nd), Côte d’Ivoire (36th), Ghana (37th) and Senegal (41st).
A special edition of the rankings will be released the upcoming weekend, after the conclusion of the penultimate round of 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, to finalize the four pots for the 2018 World Cup CAF qualification group stage draw.
Egypt can secure 5th place in Africa – and a subsequent Pot 1 seeding for WCQ – with a victory over Tanzania, who are looking to revive their feeble hopes of qualifying to next year’s showpiece tournament in Gabon.
The draw for the 2018 World Cup CAF qualification group stage will be held on the 24th, at the CAF headquarters in Cairo.