Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Egypt drop one place in regular FIFA June rankings
Egypt have dropped one spot in the regular June edition of the FIFA rankings, to occupy the 45th spot worldwide.
Albania overtook Egypt following their 3-1 friendly victory over Qatar on the 29th of May.
On the continental front, Egypt remain 5th behind fellow CAF teams Algeria (32nd), Côte d’Ivoire (36th), Ghana (37th) and Senegal (41st).
A special edition of the rankings will be released the upcoming weekend, after the conclusion of the penultimate round of 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, to finalize the four pots for the 2018 World Cup CAF qualification group stage draw.
Egypt can secure 5th place in Africa – and a subsequent Pot 1 seeding for WCQ – with a victory over Tanzania, who are looking to revive their feeble hopes of qualifying to next year’s showpiece tournament in Gabon.
The draw for the 2018 World Cup CAF qualification group stage will be held on the 24th, at the CAF headquarters in Cairo.