Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
FIFA include Hossam Hassan in Illustrious ’20 Club’
The current Al Masry manager has been mentioned alongside European greats like the Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given, Germany legend Lothar Matthaus, and ex-Arsenal and Spurs player Pat Jennings.
The list also includes Ecuador defender Ivan Hurtado and Colombian shot-stopper Faryd Mondragon.
When interviewed by FIFA in 2013 Hossam Hassan said, “The World Cup is any player’s goal. Words can not describe how I felt in Italy in 1990.”
Hassan featured for eight clubs over 22 years, making 402 appearances and scoring 179 goals, as well as featuring 169 times for Egypt with an Egyptian all-time record of 69 international goals.