Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
EXCLUSIVE: Lwandamina confirms Mayuka will join Zambia national team soon
Zambian head coach George Lwandamina confirms to KingFut that Emmanuel Mayuka has the chance to return to the national team squad soon.
Zambian Emmanuel Mayuka joined Zamalek in the winter transfer window coming from FC Metz, scoring five goals in 13 Egyptian Premier league appearances. KingFut spoke to Lwandamina about Mayuka’s chances of joining the national team and he mentioned that every Zambian player has the opportunity.
“Mayuka will join the national team very soon,” Lwandamina said.
“The door is open for everyone to join. Mayuka is a Zambian player and is available to be selected at any time but let me confirm to you that he will join the national team soon.
The 25-year-old striker led Zambia to win the Africa Cup of Nations in 2012 that was hosted by Gabon. Emmanuel scored a goal against Senegal in a 2-1 win, another goal against Libya in a 2-2 game to finish the group stage with 2 goals and Zambia leading Group A. Mayuka scored the winning goal in the semi-final against Ghana to push the “Chipolopolo” to the final match against Ivory coast where his side won 8-7 on penalties.
Zambia will face Guinea-Bissau on the 4th of June in the African Cup of Nations 2017 qualifiers. The Chipolopolo fall third with six points in Group E, Guinea-Bissau occupy first position with 7 points, Congo is on six Points in second while Kenya occupy bottom position with a single point.