Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Peseiro denies owing Ahly penalty clause
Former Ahly manager José Peseiro has denied talks about Porto still having to pay Al Ahly his penalty clause after his contract was terminated.
According to Portuguese reports, Peseiro has claimed that the penalty clause in his Ahly contract has been fully paid after he left the Egyptian club and signed for Porto.
Peseiro has been sacked from his managerial position at Porto a few days ago after a string an unimpressive stint with the club. He signed for the Portuguese club after terminating his contract with Al Ahly mid-season.
According to Al Ahly board member Mohamed Abdel-Wahab the Red Devils are still owed $150,000 to be paid by Porto. The original clause was $300,000, but the club deducted $150,000 which were dues for the manager’s time at the club.
The Portuguese manager’s press office have came out and denied the claims and have said that Peseiro has assured that all the money owed has been paid to Al Ahly.