Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Wadi Degla win eighth straight women’s league title
Wadi Degla’s women’s football team clinched the Egyptian league trophy for the eighth time in a row, after defeating El-Tayaran on penalties at the Platinum Stadium.
El-Tayaran reached the break with a 1-0 lead, and went on to double their advantage early into the second half as things looked bleak for the defending champions.
A win was not on the cards for the Heliopolis-based outfit, however, as Wadi Degla managed to score twice in the final minutes to send the match to a penalty shootout.
El-Tayaran missed two penalties and scored twice, while their opponents scored their four penalties to end the contest without the need for a fifth kick.
The league title is Wadi Degla’s eight in a row, as the club continues to dominate the women’s football scene in Egypt.