Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Wadi Degla win eighth straight women’s league title
Wadi Degla’s women’s football team clinched the Egyptian league trophy for the eighth time in a row, after defeating El-Tayaran on penalties at the Platinum Stadium.
El-Tayaran reached the break with a 1-0 lead, and went on to double their advantage early into the second half as things looked bleak for the defending champions.
A win was not on the cards for the Heliopolis-based outfit, however, as Wadi Degla managed to score twice in the final minutes to send the match to a penalty shootout.
El-Tayaran missed two penalties and scored twice, while their opponents scored their four penalties to end the contest without the need for a fifth kick.
The league title is Wadi Degla’s eight in a row, as the club continues to dominate the women’s football scene in Egypt.