Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Wadi Degla win eighth straight women’s league title
Wadi Degla’s women’s football team clinched the Egyptian league trophy for the eighth time in a row, after defeating El-Tayaran on penalties at the Platinum Stadium.
El-Tayaran reached the break with a 1-0 lead, and went on to double their advantage early into the second half as things looked bleak for the defending champions.
A win was not on the cards for the Heliopolis-based outfit, however, as Wadi Degla managed to score twice in the final minutes to send the match to a penalty shootout.
El-Tayaran missed two penalties and scored twice, while their opponents scored their four penalties to end the contest without the need for a fifth kick.
The league title is Wadi Degla’s eight in a row, as the club continues to dominate the women’s football scene in Egypt.