Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Wadi Degla win eighth straight women’s league title
Wadi Degla’s women’s football team clinched the Egyptian league trophy for the eighth time in a row, after defeating El-Tayaran on penalties at the Platinum Stadium.
El-Tayaran reached the break with a 1-0 lead, and went on to double their advantage early into the second half as things looked bleak for the defending champions.
A win was not on the cards for the Heliopolis-based outfit, however, as Wadi Degla managed to score twice in the final minutes to send the match to a penalty shootout.
El-Tayaran missed two penalties and scored twice, while their opponents scored their four penalties to end the contest without the need for a fifth kick.
The league title is Wadi Degla’s eight in a row, as the club continues to dominate the women’s football scene in Egypt.