Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Wadi Degla win eighth straight women’s league title
Wadi Degla’s women’s football team clinched the Egyptian league trophy for the eighth time in a row, after defeating El-Tayaran on penalties at the Platinum Stadium.
El-Tayaran reached the break with a 1-0 lead, and went on to double their advantage early into the second half as things looked bleak for the defending champions.
A win was not on the cards for the Heliopolis-based outfit, however, as Wadi Degla managed to score twice in the final minutes to send the match to a penalty shootout.
El-Tayaran missed two penalties and scored twice, while their opponents scored their four penalties to end the contest without the need for a fifth kick.
The league title is Wadi Degla’s eight in a row, as the club continues to dominate the women’s football scene in Egypt.