KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Elneny: Egypt will dominate Africa again
The Egyptian national team secured a spot in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon after beating Tanzania 2-0 away in the fifth round of the qualifiers on Saturday.
“I am very proud of the Egyptian national team today. I congratulate the technical staff, the players and the fans,” the Arsenal midfielder said in a televised interview.
The win sees Egypt return to the African Cup of Nations for the first time since 2010, the last of their three-tournament winning streak.
“I feel happy that we finally reached the African Cup of Nations after failing to qualify for the past three tournaments. We deserved to qualify.
“People can feel that we have a strong national team that will dominate Africa again,” he added.
The 23-year-old praised his fellow teammates for their performance in the game, and spoke about the Pharaohs’ goals in the upcoming period.
“The Egyptian team have young players who can play under any circumstances.
“It is our dream to reach the World Cup and hopefully we’ll achieve it,” he concluded.