Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, believes that it’s far from over in...
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
- Basel thumped in Paris
- South Africa coach Mashaba to accompany Sundowns to Egypt
- Hegazy returns as El-Badry announces Al Ahly squad to face Aswan
Elneny: Egypt will dominate Africa again
The Egyptian national team secured a spot in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon after beating Tanzania 2-0 away in the fifth round of the qualifiers on Saturday.
“I am very proud of the Egyptian national team today. I congratulate the technical staff, the players and the fans,” the Arsenal midfielder said in a televised interview.
The win sees Egypt return to the African Cup of Nations for the first time since 2010, the last of their three-tournament winning streak.
“I feel happy that we finally reached the African Cup of Nations after failing to qualify for the past three tournaments. We deserved to qualify.
“People can feel that we have a strong national team that will dominate Africa again,” he added.
The 23-year-old praised his fellow teammates for their performance in the game, and spoke about the Pharaohs’ goals in the upcoming period.
“The Egyptian team have young players who can play under any circumstances.
“It is our dream to reach the World Cup and hopefully we’ll achieve it,” he concluded.