Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Elneny: Egypt will dominate Africa again
The Egyptian national team secured a spot in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon after beating Tanzania 2-0 away in the fifth round of the qualifiers on Saturday.
“I am very proud of the Egyptian national team today. I congratulate the technical staff, the players and the fans,” the Arsenal midfielder said in a televised interview.
The win sees Egypt return to the African Cup of Nations for the first time since 2010, the last of their three-tournament winning streak.
“I feel happy that we finally reached the African Cup of Nations after failing to qualify for the past three tournaments. We deserved to qualify.
“People can feel that we have a strong national team that will dominate Africa again,” he added.
The 23-year-old praised his fellow teammates for their performance in the game, and spoke about the Pharaohs’ goals in the upcoming period.
“The Egyptian team have young players who can play under any circumstances.
“It is our dream to reach the World Cup and hopefully we’ll achieve it,” he concluded.