Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Egypt FA board resign following win over Tanzania
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) board submitted their resignation one day after the Pharaohs secured their spot in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
The board’s resignation comes two weeks after FA president Gamal Allam resigned from his position after FIFA warned that Egypt could be suspended from international football over government intervention in football affairs.
The resignation letter sent by EFA board member Magdy El-Metnawy on behalf of the board revealed that the reason behind their decision was to “protect the country from FIFA sanctions”.
FIFA issued last month an official warning to the FA over government intervention in football affairs. The warning came in the light of Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court ruling to dissolve the EFA board over election irregularities.
In the resignation letter, the EFA stressed out a number of their achievements, including the Pharaohs reaching the AFCON for the first time in seven years, the Egyptian Futsal team booking a berth at the World Cup and the women team reaching their maiden AFCON tournament.