Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Egypt FA board resign following win over Tanzania
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) board submitted their resignation one day after the Pharaohs secured their spot in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
The board’s resignation comes two weeks after FA president Gamal Allam resigned from his position after FIFA warned that Egypt could be suspended from international football over government intervention in football affairs.
The resignation letter sent by EFA board member Magdy El-Metnawy on behalf of the board revealed that the reason behind their decision was to “protect the country from FIFA sanctions”.
FIFA issued last month an official warning to the FA over government intervention in football affairs. The warning came in the light of Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court ruling to dissolve the EFA board over election irregularities.
In the resignation letter, the EFA stressed out a number of their achievements, including the Pharaohs reaching the AFCON for the first time in seven years, the Egyptian Futsal team booking a berth at the World Cup and the women team reaching their maiden AFCON tournament.