Al Ahly coach Hossam El Badry rejected all rumors and reports saying...
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
Egypt FA board resign following win over Tanzania
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) board submitted their resignation one day after the Pharaohs secured their spot in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
The board’s resignation comes two weeks after FA president Gamal Allam resigned from his position after FIFA warned that Egypt could be suspended from international football over government intervention in football affairs.
The resignation letter sent by EFA board member Magdy El-Metnawy on behalf of the board revealed that the reason behind their decision was to “protect the country from FIFA sanctions”.
FIFA issued last month an official warning to the FA over government intervention in football affairs. The warning came in the light of Egypt’s Supreme Administrative Court ruling to dissolve the EFA board over election irregularities.
In the resignation letter, the EFA stressed out a number of their achievements, including the Pharaohs reaching the AFCON for the first time in seven years, the Egyptian Futsal team booking a berth at the World Cup and the women team reaching their maiden AFCON tournament.