Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
CAFCC: Gehad Greisha appointed for ESS vs FUS Rabat
Egyptian referee Gehad Greisha has been appointed to referee the group B opener between Étoile du Sahel and FUS Rabat.
The encounter in Sousse on the 28th of June is one of many highly-billed encounters in this season’s Confederation Cup; ESS are the reigning champions, whilst FUS won their first ever Moroccan Botola Pro by defeating MCO Oujda on Saturday.
It’s worth noting that Gehad Greisha was appointed to referee in the upcoming Rio Olympics in August, the only Egyptian referee chosen to officiate in the tournament.
Greisha became a FIFA referee in 2008, serving as a referee at the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, as well as both the 2013 and 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. He also officiated the third-place play-off at the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup.