Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Guinea-Bissau qualify for first ever AFCON
Guinea-Bissau reached the African Cup of Nations for the first time in history by winning Group E with one game to spare.
The minnows pulled off a surprise 3-2 defeat of 2012 title holders Zambia on Saturday, with Zezinho, Frederic Mendy, and Brito scoring a goal each to help Guinea-Bissau bag all three points, thus boosting their chances of making a first AFCON appearance
However, the Djurtus had to wait until Sunday before qualification was secured; Kenya beat top-spot rivals Congo 2-1, thus putting Paulo Torres’ men four points clear at the top of Group E with one game to go.
This historical achievement means that Guinea-Bissau, who are 115th in the FIFA rankings, will be the 39th team to participate in the AFCON since the tournament’s inaguration in 1957.
The AFCON 2017 group draw will take place after the last round of qualification fixtures, which are due to be held in September.