Ramadan Sobhi’s rare start for Stoke was one to forget as his...
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
Dates for Ahly, Zamalek group stage games announced
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) announced the dates of the 2016 CAF Champions League group stage matches.
Egypt’s representatives in Africa’s top-tier competition, Al Ahly and Zamalek, were drawn in separate groups, as the Red Castle will play in Group A, against ASEC Mimosas, Zesco and Wydad Casablanca, while the White Castle were seeded in Group B alongside Algeria’s ES Setif, Enyimba and Mamelodi Sundowns.
Al Ahly will kick-off their campaign with an away game against Zesco on June 18, before hosting ASEC Mimosas on June 28. The Red Devils will face Wydad Casablanca at Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria on July 16, before the Egyptian giants travel to Morocco for the away leg on July 27.
In the fifth round, Al Ahly will host Zesco on August 12, before they conclude their games against ASEC Mimosas away on August 23 or 24.
On the other hand, Egypt’s other representative Zamalek will travel to Nigeria to face Enyimba at Port Harcourt Stadium on June 19, before hosting Algerian ES Steif at Petrosport Stadium 10 days later.
The White Knights will then take on Mamelodi Sundowns F.C. on July 17 at Petrosport Stadium, before traveling to face them away at the Lucas Moripe Stadium on July 27. They will then face Enymba at home in the fifth round on August 14, and will be away in the sixth round when they face ES Steif on either August 23 or 24.