Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Zimbabwe FA reformed due to debt problems
The Zimbabwe Football Association folded and reformed under a different name after having debts of more than Six Million Dollars.
ZIFA President Phillip Chiyangwa blamed the association’s previous regime for the huge amount of debt and has taken action by clearing the debt and letting it be dealt with by a liquidator.
Chiyangwa said, “I can tell you now that we don’t owe anybody anymore.”
The reform has been approved and blessed by the FIFA, however, FIFA said, “We have not received any communication on the outcome of Zifa’s extraordinary congress on 4 June 2016 to decide on the possible dissolution of the association.”
Zimbabwe has been in a financial crisis for several years and was expelled from the 2018 World Cup Qualifier after failing to pay the dues of ex-manager José Claudinei Georgini despite an extended grace period given by the FIFA.