Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
FIFA clears Chelsea over Salah loan deal to AS Roma
Fiorentina’s complaint to FIFA against Chelsea has been dismissed. The complaint was concerning Mohamed Salah’s loan move to Roma for the 15/16 season. The Egyptian forward had featured for Fiorentina in the second half of the 14/15 season.
The Viola alleged that there had been breach of contract in Salah’s loan deal to AS Roma. The case was thrown out by FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber. A FIFA spokesperson said, “We can confirm that the dispute resolution chamber (DRC) dealt with the dispute opposing the Italian club, ACF Fiorentina, to the player, Mohamed Salah Ghaly, and the English club, Chelsea FC.
“The findings of the relevant decision, without grounds, have been communicated to the parties on June 8, 2016.”
The spokesperson mentioned though that the decision is not final. “The claim of the Italian club was rejected. Since the decision is not yet final and binding, we are not in a position to comment any further.”
Mohamed Salah scored 14 goals, in the Serie A, for AS Roma. The Italian side have the option to sign him on permanent basis. This is subject to Chelsea coach, Antonio Conte, sanctioning the transfer.