Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
FIFA clears Chelsea over Salah loan deal to AS Roma
Fiorentina’s complaint to FIFA against Chelsea has been dismissed. The complaint was concerning Mohamed Salah’s loan move to Roma for the 15/16 season. The Egyptian forward had featured for Fiorentina in the second half of the 14/15 season.
The Viola alleged that there had been breach of contract in Salah’s loan deal to AS Roma. The case was thrown out by FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber. A FIFA spokesperson said, “We can confirm that the dispute resolution chamber (DRC) dealt with the dispute opposing the Italian club, ACF Fiorentina, to the player, Mohamed Salah Ghaly, and the English club, Chelsea FC.
“The findings of the relevant decision, without grounds, have been communicated to the parties on June 8, 2016.”
The spokesperson mentioned though that the decision is not final. “The claim of the Italian club was rejected. Since the decision is not yet final and binding, we are not in a position to comment any further.”
Mohamed Salah scored 14 goals, in the Serie A, for AS Roma. The Italian side have the option to sign him on permanent basis. This is subject to Chelsea coach, Antonio Conte, sanctioning the transfer.