Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
FIFA clears Chelsea over Salah loan deal to AS Roma
Fiorentina’s complaint to FIFA against Chelsea has been dismissed. The complaint was concerning Mohamed Salah’s loan move to Roma for the 15/16 season. The Egyptian forward had featured for Fiorentina in the second half of the 14/15 season.
The Viola alleged that there had been breach of contract in Salah’s loan deal to AS Roma. The case was thrown out by FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber. A FIFA spokesperson said, “We can confirm that the dispute resolution chamber (DRC) dealt with the dispute opposing the Italian club, ACF Fiorentina, to the player, Mohamed Salah Ghaly, and the English club, Chelsea FC.
“The findings of the relevant decision, without grounds, have been communicated to the parties on June 8, 2016.”
The spokesperson mentioned though that the decision is not final. “The claim of the Italian club was rejected. Since the decision is not yet final and binding, we are not in a position to comment any further.”
Mohamed Salah scored 14 goals, in the Serie A, for AS Roma. The Italian side have the option to sign him on permanent basis. This is subject to Chelsea coach, Antonio Conte, sanctioning the transfer.