Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
OFFICIAL: Manchester United Sign Cote d’Ivoire’s Eric Bailly
Cote d’Ivoire and Villarreal C.F. defender Eric Bailly becomes José Mourinho’s first Manchester United signing.
Bailly, 22, made 47 appearances for Villarreal since joining them from Espanyol in January 2015 and has now completed his move to Manchester United on a four-year deal.
The Cote d’Ivoire defender earned himself 15 caps for his country and was part of the 2015 African Cup of Nations winning squad, having appeared in all six matches during the competition.
Following the confirmation of his transfer, Bailly said: “It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.
“I want to progress to be the best that I can be and I believe working with Jose Mourinho will help me develop in the right way and at the right club. I am looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to starting this new chapter of my life.”
On his first signing as Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho said: “Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent. He has progressed well to date and has the potential to become one of the best around.
“We look forward to working with him to help nurture that raw talent and fulfill his potential. Eric is at the right club to continue his development,” Mourinho concluded.
It is worth noting that the defender signed for the English Premier league giants for a reported fee of 25 million pounds.