Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
OFFICIAL: Manchester United Sign Cote d’Ivoire’s Eric Bailly
Cote d’Ivoire and Villarreal C.F. defender Eric Bailly becomes José Mourinho’s first Manchester United signing.
Bailly, 22, made 47 appearances for Villarreal since joining them from Espanyol in January 2015 and has now completed his move to Manchester United on a four-year deal.
The Cote d’Ivoire defender earned himself 15 caps for his country and was part of the 2015 African Cup of Nations winning squad, having appeared in all six matches during the competition.
Following the confirmation of his transfer, Bailly said: “It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.
“I want to progress to be the best that I can be and I believe working with Jose Mourinho will help me develop in the right way and at the right club. I am looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to starting this new chapter of my life.”
On his first signing as Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho said: “Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent. He has progressed well to date and has the potential to become one of the best around.
“We look forward to working with him to help nurture that raw talent and fulfill his potential. Eric is at the right club to continue his development,” Mourinho concluded.
It is worth noting that the defender signed for the English Premier league giants for a reported fee of 25 million pounds.